Recipe: Tyrolean Gröstl
This time we visit our neighbouring federal state Tyrol and prepare a Tyrolean Gröstl. This dish is not only popular in Tyrol, but also in the rest of Austria and especially in Salzburg at our ski huts in winter. Today, we show you how to cook our variation of this delicious dish.
Tips for preperation
The preperation of a Tyrolean Gröstl is very easy - not like a yeast dough. The only important thing is that you fry the bacon until it gets very crunchy and that you boil the potatos on medium heat, so that they are cooked evenly. The best side dishes are either a green salad or a coleslaw.
- Crush peper and caraway in pestle and mortar
- Heat a pan and fry the bacon until it gets very crunchy
- Lightly sauté the finely chopped onion
- Add potatos and beef and mix everything
- Spice the dish with caraway, pepper, majoram and salt
- Fry it at medium heat until the potatos are evenly brown
- Melt the butter in a small pan and fry the eggs
- Add some parsely
- Arrange the Tyrolean Gröstl topped with the fried eggs on a plate and enjoy it!
All photos were taken with the GoPro HERO10 Black.