Mining and Gothic Museum in Leogang

 

"the boom in mining = boom in art"

The Mining and Gothic Museum Leogang, an art museum dedicated to Gothic art in the context of mining, preserve Gothic art and European mining culture for posterity and engage the audience with this cultural memory. The high-profile collection includes outstanding masterpieces like the prayer nut of Mary of Burgundy, a woodcut by Albrecht Dürer and a panel painting by the Master of Laufen. The medieval residential and defence tower Thurnhaus is itself historic and brings to life the Gothic art and mining exhibitions displayed there.
May - Oktober 2020 & January - March 2021
Mining and Gothic Museum, Hütten 10, 5771 Leogang
Main season from May, 17 to October, 31, 2020: Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 5pm (closed on Mondays) Low season from January to March: Wednesdays 1pm – 5pm, Thursdays 5pm – 9pm
Address

Mining and Gothic Museum in Leogang
Hütten 10
5771 Leogang

St.-Anna-Kapelle chapel


The Chapel is located at the village square of Hütten and was built in 1770 of archbishop Sigismund of Schrattenbach for the miners in Leogang. Inside the chapel was an altar of European rarity with scenes of the saints in heaven and the miners at the medieval mining village Hütten. The chapel was dedicated to the silver mining Saint Anne, because in the heyday of mining in Leogang silver was mined.

Insights into the medieval center of Salzburg

Find an accomodation & book

key shortcuts
left arrow button
previous day
right arrow button
next year
up arrow button
previous week
down arrow button
next week
Page up
least 30 days
Page down
next 30 days