Animals on the mountain
Please note, that there is a transportation fee for dogs when using the gondolas: Day ticket € 5.00 | 7-day ticket € 20.00 | Season ticket Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn € 50.00
Leashes and muzzles are compulsary in the cable cars (muzzles are available for a fee at the cash desk of Bergbahnen Fieberbrunn). Furthermore, dogs must be kept on a leash in Timok´s Wild World and in the hiking areas. Please make sure to keep all hiking trails clean by using the dog poop bags. Please dispose the bags in trash cans and do not leave them on the grass or in the woods.
The following 10 rules of conduct ensure peaceful coexistence between grazing cattle, humans and dogs on our mountain pastures:
- 1. Avoid contact with grazing livestock, do not feed animals, keep a safe distance!
- 2. Keep calm, do not frighten grazing animals!
- 3. Mother cows protect their calves. Avoid encounters between mother cows and dogs!
- 4. Keep dogs under control and keep them on a short leash. In case of an attack, let go of the leash!
- 5. Do not leave hiking trails on alpine pastures and meadows!
- 6. If a grazing cattle blocks the way, walk around it as far as possible!
- 7. If the grazing cattle approaches: stay calm, do not turn your back, sidestep the animals!
- 8. Leave the pasture quickly at the first sign of unrest among the animals!
- 9. Use the climb over or gate at the pasture fence and close well again. Cross pasture quickly!
- 10. Meet the people working here, nature and animals with respect!