Tobogganing on the Asitz
For families, couples and friends: Tobogganing on the Asitz mountain is a true winter highlight. The four-kilometre toboggan run offers splendid views and is open for night tobogganing every Tuesday and Friday.
Please note that ski helmets are compulsory for children up to the age of 15! A helmet is recommended for adults.
Toboggan run status
Option 1: relaxed tobogganing
This option starts all relaxed at the mid station of Asitz lift. Once you have reached the top, hop on your sledge and enjoy the picturesque views of the wintery valley below. The four-kilometre toboggan run takes you down to the base station of Alm lift. How about fuelling up on local delicacies before taking the Alm lift back up to the mid station of Asitz lift, which takes you back down to the valley?
Option 2: sporty tobogganing and winter hiking
Hike and tobogganing: This sporty option starts with a hike from the valley up to Holzhotel Forsthofalm, which is situated right at the base station of Alm lift. From there, Alm lift takes you up to the mid station of Asitz lift. Once you have reached the top, there’s no holding back! Hop on your sledge and whizz down the scenic toboggan run back to Forsthofalm. After the ride, you can either recharge your batteries at Forsthofalm or hike right back down to the valley.
Night-time tobogganing at Asitz
Tobogganing in the dark is a true highlight not just for night owls. Every Tuesday and Friday from 06.00pm to 10.00 pm, you can experience tobogganing under starry skies. Just like for daytime tobogganing, the starting point is the base station of Asitz lift.
Ski passes from 2 days or longer or the Saalfelden Leogang Card are also valid for the night trip. (Except toboggan rental & deposit)
Group tobogganing at Asitz
Grab your loved ones and start your tobogganging adventure! After all, scooting down the mountainside is even more fun in a group! What’s more, if you buy ten tickets, you get one ticket for free.
Our tip: If you want to top off your tobogganging adventure with a get-together at a mountain hut, we recommend booking a table in advance. To do so, simply contact the respective mountain hut directly.
To make the most of your sledging adventure, keep in mind the following:
- Children below the age of 16 are required to wear a helmet. A helmet is recommended for adults.
- For safety reasons, the toboggan run can only be used with the toboggan provided on site. Your own toboggan is not allowed on the run or the cable car!
- Please wear solid footwear (ski boots are prohibited).
- Wear adequate winter clothes.
- Hiking is only possible on the marked trails – do not hike on the toboggan run!
- The toboggan run can be closed at any time in adverse conditions. Unfortunately, it is not possible to refund return tickets for Asitzbahn cable car in this case.
- Important notice for night-time sledging: It is prohibited to bring any additional winter sports equipment on the cable car!