Testing in Saalfelden Leogang
When to test?
Persons over the age of 12 must be vaccinated, recovered or tested to gain entry to food service, lodging, events and recreational facilities. Testing is not required if one of the following verifications is available.
- Recovered persons:
- Segregation notice due to Covid 19 disease valid for 6 months.
- Physician's confirmation of a passed-through infection is valid for 6 months
- Proof of neutralizing antibodies valid for 3 months
- Vaccinated individuals:
- The second vaccination is valid for a maximum of 360 days from the date of the second vaccination.
- Vaccines where only one vaccination is provided (e.g. from Johnson & Johnson) are valid for a total of 270 days from the date of vaccination, starting on the 22nd day after vaccination.
- For previously recovered individuals who have been previously vaccinated once, the vaccination is valid for 360 days from the date of vaccination.
- The third vaccination (or second vaccination in the case of single-use vaccines and convalescents) is valid for 360 days. There must be at least 14 days between the first and second vaccination, and at least 120 days between the second and third vaccination.
What tests can be presented in food service or lodging establishments and how long are they valid?
- Negative PCR test: 72 hours
- Negative antigen test under supervision: 24 hours
- Negative antigen test for self-testing with digital solution ("living room test"): 24 hours
- NEW: Self-tests taken directly on site at a catering or lodging establishment also entitle the holder to access - but only for that one visit to that establishment.
In principle, a negative test on arrival is sufficient for accommodation establishments. If the guest uses additional services such as wellness treatments or in the restaurant, a new negative test must be presented after expiration of the validity.
PCR tests in the Tauernklinikum Zell am See (with costs)
On Mondays, as well as from Wednesday to Friday, a PCR test can be taken at the Drive-In of the Tauernklinikum Zell am See from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. by appointment. The result is available digitally within 24 hours. The cost per PCR test for guests from Saalfelden Leogang is 45 euros when "Guest or employee testing Saalfelden Leogang" is announced.
PCR-Tests in Testcenter Saalfelden (free)
Monday to Saturday, a free PCR test can be taken at the test centre (Congress Saalfelden, Stadtplatz 2, 5760 Saalfelden) after online registration at salzburg-testet.at. The result is available digitally within 24 hours.
Rapid antigen tests in Saalfelden
The province of Salzburg offers free rapid antigen tests in cooperation with the Red Cross. The tests are also free of charge for (foreign) guests. The tests are antigen tests under supervision. Online registration is required at salzburg-testet.at. Foreign guests do not need to provide their social security number, but the appointment must be booked. A photo ID and ideally an insurance card must be carried to the test appointment. Current information about the rapid tests can be found on the website of the province of Salzburg!
Test Center Saalfelden
Where: Congress Saalfelden, Stadtplatz 2, 5760 Saalfelden
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 07.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 09.00 a.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Saturday: 09.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Supervised antigen self-testing - subject to change without notice
Testing possibilities for guests in the company
We generally recommend that establishments offer testing opportunities directly at the establishment. We are working hard to provide the necessary information as soon as possible.
NEW: Antigen tests for self-testing (digital)
- Usable with the app "Selbsttest RK Salzburg" - downloadable from May 17, 2021 onwards
- Austrians can get 10 antigen rapid tests per month in Salzburg pharmacies.
- According to our information, establishments are also expected to be equipped with the tests in time before May 19. This test will be valid for 24 hours with the use of the app.
NEW: Self-tests on site
- Rapid antigen tests for self-testing under the supervision of a person from the establishment.
- This test will be done on-site and will be considered access only for that establishment at that time. Establishments are expected to be provided with the tests in time for May 19.
Guest testing in hotels
Large hotels can also offer their guests the tests directly at the hotel. Please ask your accommodation directly if this is offered. The cost per PCR test for guests from Saalfelden Leogang is 45 euros.