How to treat the local flora and fauna right
10 rules for the correct handling of grazing animals
The following 10 rules of conduct ensure peaceful coexistence between grazing cattle, humans and dogs on our mountain pastures:
- 1. Avoid contact with grazing livestock, do not feed animals, keep a safe distance!
- 2. Keep calm, do not frighten grazing animals!
- 3. Mother cows protect their calves. Avoid encounters between mother cows and dogs!
- 4. Keep dogs under control and keep them on a short leash. In case of an attack, let go of the leash!
- 5. Do not leave hiking trails on alpine pastures and meadows!
- 6. If a grazing cattle blocks the way, walk around it as far as possible!
- 7. If the grazing cattle approaches: stay calm, do not turn your back, sidestep the animals!
- 8. Leave the pasture quickly at the first sign of unrest among the animals!
- 9. Use the climb over or gate at the pasture fence and close well again. Cross pasture quickly!
- 10. Meet the people working here, nature and animals with respect!
Please note, that there is a transportation fee for dogs when using the gondolas:
Day ticket € 6.00 | 7-day ticket € 25.00 | Season ticket Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn € 65.00