The following safety instructions are vital before and after every freeride tour:
- „Buddy system“! That is to never enter the area on your own.
- Have you checked the avalanche report? Did you understand it?
- Weather forecast OK? If necessary, talk to locals.
- Equipment complete? This includes an avalanche transceiver, a shovel, a probe and a mobile phone.
- Have you done the avalanche transceiver check? Working with the avalanche transceiver, the probe and the shovel should be practised regularly.
- Does the group fit my abilities? Or am I forced to carry out dangerous activities?
- Are other skiers using the same route as me? Always keep an eye on them.
- If you'd like to explore unknown territories, better book an experienced guide.
- Keep distance! Start off separately, even on seemingly safe slopes.
- If you are not sure (or in bad weather and poor visibility): It is better to avoid unsafe runs.
- Info Links:
- Portal Alpine Safety
- Ortovox Safety Academy Lab