Wolfgang Hörl on sports
Skier Wolfgang Hörl reports
Passion for Sports
From an early age sports, especially skiing, has been at the centre of my life. As a boy, I was often at the Hinterreit lift with my grandpa, later I carved around with the ski club and my friends in the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang. The cradle of my professional career clearly lies in my native home - in Saalfelden Leogang. When later I was able to even turn my hobby into a career, I was glad to come from such a diverse region, because here I find the best training facilities.
Rich in contrast, changing every day
I don’t need a gym. I just go out into nature and move. Rich in contrast, changing every day, I designed my programme:
- On the one hand, I ride my racing bike in the valley
- and on the other, with my mountain bike the mountains
- I go to climbing out on the rocks, or inside in the hall.
- One day I can run up and down the mountain
- and the next day go for distance on long flat stretches with my inline skates.
- Another time I’ll do my laps in the cool lake or in the indoor pool
- Or I’ll improve my handicap on the golf course.
Team sports with friends
What’s more, many of my friends also live here with whom I like to do sports. Sometimes we also play team sports, such as beach volleyball, football or basketball. I enjoy my time at home, while also preparing myself to the utmost here for next season and the races ahead.
I am proud of Saalfelden Leogang and I’m happy to let the world know it.