Saalfelden Leogang toughens Markus Pekoll up
Peki is new athletic poster boy for the Leogang Mountain Railway and the Leogang Bike Park.
The circle is complete:
- In addition to the Leogang Bike Park, which, since its opening in 2001, has established itself as one of the most renowned bike parks in Europe,
- and the UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships in Saalfelden Leogang,
- now an Austrian downhill star is representing Leogang’s bike prowess at the international level.
Markus Pekoll & UCI WC
The 24-year-old mountain bike downhill ace Markus Pekoll is:
- And is a great Austrian World Cup hopeful for the World Cup held from 29 August to 9 September in the Federal State of Salzburg.
The UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships will take place from 29.8 - 9.9.2012 in Saalfelden Leogang in the Federal State of Salzburg. Top athletes from around the world will compete in the five disciplines...
- Four Cross
- MTB Downhill
- Cross Countryand Cross Country Eliminator
...for a medal.
Markus Pekoll presents the Salzburg bike stronghold
Mountain Railway CEO Rudi Eberl and Commissioner Kornel Grundner are delighted that the overall winner of the European Cup in 2011 is now representing the Salzburg bike stronghold: "A great cooperation for both sides. We are proud to have gained an Austrian downhill star for ourselves in Markus Pekoll.
- UCI World Cup logo
- and bike park logo...
...from now on adorn Markus Pekoll’s the neck protector. The tentative time frame for the cooperation is planned to last until the end of the 2013 racing season”.”
The four-time state champion and bronze medallist of the 2010 European Championship is feverishly awaiting the Home World Championship at the end of August: "It’ll be a celebration for the mountain bike sport. I'm looking forward to it very much and I am convinced that countless spectators will come. In early August, I’d like do some training exercises in Leogang. The route profile in Leogang demands total physical fitness. I will try my best to be ready on D-Day.