Pinzgauer dialect lexicon
The Pinzgauer dialect lexicon offers 7900 dialect words and invites you to enter new words to expand the lexicon
- Alphabetical lexicon (called up by “Search lexicon” on the homepage) Sort by dialect (default), or High German (click on header “German”).
- In addition, the choice of words by initial letter is possible.
- Subject selection (first “Search lexicon” and then select subject areas)
- The dialect words are classified into 18 major subject groups and a total of 137 subgroups
- By using Subject area selection all dialect terms of a subject area are displayed.
- Sound: all dialect words are shown according to the pronunciation used in the Mitterpinzgau region.
- Images: rare dialect terms (e.g. from industry or agriculture) are elucidated by pictures.