Tobogganing on the Asitz
Tobogganing on the Asitz By day or night – ‘Ride up with the cable car – ride down on a toboggan’ - guaranteed fun for everyone!
Float up the mountains with the Asitz cable car.
Spoil yourself with the culinary specialties of our mountain gastronomy.
And finally enjoy the grand finale, a speedy toboggan run through Leogang's winter wonderland!
A 4km toboggan run and a holiday experience to remember!
Children under 15 must wear a helmet!
Please note – children under 15 must wear a helmet.
Start from Asitz valley station:
Take the Asitz cable car to the middle station, to the start of the toboggan run at the Stöcklalm.
You can return to the valley with the 4-seater chairlift Almbahn and the Asitzbahn.
Start from chairlift Almbahn:
On foot to the Forsthofalm at the bottom of the Almbahn - here you can buy a toboggan ticket for the day toboggan run. The 4-seater chairlift Almbahn takes you directly to the start of the toboggan run.
Route - day toboggan run:
start: Stöcklalm/middle station Asitzbahn
finish: Hotel Forsthofalm
Please note: Toboggan run opening hours depend on the snow conditions. If conditions allow it, the toboggan run will be open from 1.00pm to 4.00pm.
- Buy tickets at the valley station of the Asitzbahn.
- Go up to the Asitzbahn middle station.
- € 10,00 deposit when you get the bobsleigh = pay in cash at the middle station.
- Toboggan run starting at the Asitzbahn middle station (Stöcklalm) till Almbahn valley station (Forsthofalm)
- Transport back to the start via 4-seater chairlift Almbahn.
- Return toboggan: get € 10,00 deposit back (for each toboggan) at the Asitzbahn middle station.
- At the end you go back to the Asitz valley station via the Asitzbahn starting at the middle station.
Route-night toboggan run:
start: Asitzbahn middle station (Stöcklalm)
finish: Asitzbahn valley station
every Tuesday & Friday from 6pm to 10.30 pm.
Please note! Opening hours depend on the snow conditions. If conditions allow, the toboggan run will be open from 6.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Buy your ticket before 5.00pm or after 6.00pm at the ticket office Asitz station + € 10,00 deposit for each toboggan.
- Get the toboggan at the Asitz station.
- Go up with the Asitzbahn to the middle station.
- Delivery of the toboggan at the middle station.
- Eventually stop at a hut.
- Every Tuesday: Asitz Music Night
- Go down again to the Asitzbahn middle station.
- Get your toboggan again at the middle station.
- Tobogganing starting at Stöcklalm all the way down to the Asitzbahn valley station.
- Return of toboggan: Get back € 10,00 deposit for each toboggan at the Asitzbahn valley station.
- Non-tobogganer go down with the Asitzbahn until 10.20pm latest time.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn
- Ski boots are not allowed
- Dress warmly
- Hiking on the toboggan run is not allowed
- No skis, snowboards or other sports equipment can be taken on the cable car
- The toboggan run may have to close in bad conditions and refunds cannot be offered
The toboggan run may close at anytime because of snow or weather conditions and refunds cannot be offered.
For liability reasons it is not permitted to use your own toboggan.
Children under 15 must wear helmets!
The Asitzbräu - highest brew house is located at the top station of the Asitz cable cars.
Magic of Nostalgia
Our museum restaurant Alte Schmiede is located directly at the mountain station of the Leoganger Asitzbahn cable car at 1,760 meters, right across from the AsitzBräu. With more than 2,300 m2 of space, it can accommodate about 500 people.
Historic items and tools displayed in six different rooms give it a rustic and unique charm of its own. Our chef and his team use carefully selected natural products to make tasty local and international dishes, ribs, pizza straight from the wood stove, or hearty log cabin fare. At the Alte Schmiede, every meal is a feast.
:: Right next to the mountain station of the Leoganger Asitzbahn cable car at 1,760 meters elevation
:: Seating capacity for up to 500
:: 6 different rooms on 3 levels, 2 bars
:: Suffi cient parking places at the valley station; can only be reached by cable car or with taxis in the summer for small groups
:: Wireless mics, beamers, projection screens, sound system, DJ console
:: Open every Friday night till 10:30 p.m. as part of the night tobogganing (in winter)
mountain restaurant stöcklalm
Stöcklalm is an easy reachable hiking destination for everyone. You can drop out of the cable car at the middle station, walk around in the park of senses or allow the kids full bent at the playground, while you can enjoy the sun at our alpine cabine.
Enjoy your drink and the best view in Leogang at the IceBaR!!
Cocktails, Apres SKi, Chill out Lounge and more
09:30 - 17:00
Im Winter empfängt euch mama thresl sogar im Skigebiet direkt gegenüber der Asitz-Bergstation mit offenen Armen: Die hendl fischerei versorgt euch sowohl bei richtigem „Winterwetter“ mit wärmenden Getränken, als auch bei Sonnenschein mit coolen Drinks. Zu Mittag gibt´s dort Huwi´s weltberühmte Grill-Hendl, würzige Ripperl und köstlichen Steckerlfisch – und natürlich mit dem typisch coolen Ibiza DJ-Sound.
A number of specialities and features such as our Salzburger Nockerl, candlelit dinners, hat dinner, Salzburg-style organic breakfast and more, make your culinary experience in the Alps unforgettable.