Non-binding Inquiry

Non-binding Inquiry

Webcam

Livestream Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn

more Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn webcams

Special Exhibition at the Mining and Gothic Museum

GOLD & SILVER in archbishopric of Salzburg from 25.5. till 31.10.2013

Sonderausstellung 2013

Katalog durchblättern

In the last 20 years, the museum specializes in the Middle Ages, the heyday of mining in the region. With the mining industry and the resulting prosperity of a part of the population are inextricably linked, the arts and crafts of this period.
Immerse yourself in the world of the Middle Ages: Expressive sculptures and paintings, exquisite crafts (blacksmithing) and furniture from the Gothic period, and selected pieces from mining fascinate visitors of all ages, amazed again and again what a treasure this hidden museum located on country holds.
Annually changing special exhibitions, which always relate to the main theme of the museum - Mining and art - have shown a variety of pictures of our history and culture.
2013: GOLD AND SILVER IN archbishopric of Salzburg.

to the official Website


New: Another attraction is the Old Forge in Hütten weekly (Wednesdays from 10-17 clock), a blacksmith introduced to the techniques of artistic crafts.

Opening times of Mining & Gothic Museum:
25.5. - 31.10.2013 daily from 10 to 17 clock, closed Mondays. Guided tours on request, Guided tour € 35, -


Impressions


Mining & Gothic Museum Leogang, Hütten 10, 5771 Leogang
Tel: 0043-6583-7105, info@museum-leogang.at, www.museum-leogang.at


Zusätzliche Besonderheiten

Das stolzeste Wahrzeichen des heiligen Leonhard stellt in Leogang bis heute die mächtige Kette dar, die sich um die ganze Kirche spannt. Das seltene Motiv der Kettenumspannung findet sich nur bei Leonhardikirchen, und als einzige Leonhardikirche in der Erzdiözese Salzburg ist nur die unsere mit einer Eisenkette umschlossen.

Als zusätzliche Sehenswürdigkeit unseres Gotteshauses bietet sich das Gemälde „Maria in Erwartung“ (Fraubild um 1700), das vor über 50 Jahren aus Leogang verschwunden ist und 1984 vom Ulmer Brotmuseum zurückgekauft werden konnte.

Vierter Sakralbau in Leogang

Die gegenwärtige Pfarrkirche ist mindestens schon der vierte Sakralbau, der an dieser Stelle in Leogang steht. Man nimmt an, dass dem 1323 erstmals bezeugten Gotteshaus aus Stein ein solches aus Holz vorangegangen ist. 

Der ursprüngliche Patron der Kirche...

...war der heilige Ägydius, seit 1477 scheint jedoch nur mehr der heilige Leonhard, der „bayerische Hergott“, als einziger Kirchenpatron auf.

Tarifübersich