All about Hiking
10 Tips for Safe Hiking
- Adapt your walk to your level of fitness!
- Study the route on the map exactly before you leave for your walk and get latest information about your hiking tour and weather conditions!
- Make sure that you have the correct equipment and do not carry unnecessary weight!
- During the walk make sure that you eat and drink enough!
- Never leave the marked routes, avoid short cuts!
- Stop your walk at the first sign of danger or a change in the weather!
- Always bring emergency equipment (First Aid, Bivouac Sack, Flashlight, Cell Phone)!
- Stay calm in case of an emergency and call the mountain rescue service (Alpine Emergency Signal, Euro-Emergency Call: 112, Mountain rescue: 140)
We are happy to mail you our Mayr Hiking Map Saalfelden - Leogang - Maria Alm (€ 7 excl. postal charges) already before your arrival. Orders: call 0043-6582-70660 or write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This hiking folder can be obtained for free from the Saalfelden and Leogang tourist offices which can be used in combination with the hiking map. There are more detailed information about the corresponding routes + additional information about hiking.
Hiking badges in gold, silver & bronze
You will get your badge in the tourism offices in Saalfelden or Leogang after showing your hiking pass with the necessary stamps.
Note that you do not have to collect the necessary points that you need in order to get the various badges on a single holiday in Saalfelden Leogang - you can bring your pass again on your next holiday and add further points!