Via ferrata Leogang Nord
Western Mitterspitze peak (2,160 m)/Leoganger Steinberge mountains
Challenging via ferrata with climbs over steep rock faces interrupted by beautiful resting places.
- Level: moderately difficult to difficult
- Vertical wall height: approx. 160m
- Climbing length: approx. 270m
- Exposure: north
- Equipment: Appropriate climbing equipment required!
- Directions: Coming from Kitzbühel or Saalfelden Leogang, in the village there is a turn to the north by the church (Passauerhütte sign), then follow the signs to the parking lot of the Passauerhütte.
- Approach: From the Passau huts it is about 10 minutes to get started. From the valley taking the regular way (No. 623) to the Passau huts and to ascent (2.5 hours).
- Descent: Same return journey; there is no footpath for the descent. A descent using the “Leoganger Süd” via ferrata is not possible.