Persailhorn Süd Via Ferrata
Exciting passages with fantastic views.
The well-anchored via ferrata (including exposed ladders and iron clamps on exposed wall steps) starts above the Peter Wiechentaler huts on the south side of Persailhorn mountain. This Südwand via ferrate was set up in 1991
Notes: The continuing trail to the summit of the Persailhorn is anchored in some places. The most difficult point in the form of a steep upswing is challenging (C) as the most difficult parts of the Wildental via ferrata.
Note on anchors: steel rope, three ladders, iron clasps
- Equipment: full via ferrata equipment
- Differential elevation: 748 m
Getting there, Ascent and Descent
- Getting there / Directions: Take the B 164 or B 311 to Saalfelden. Turn onto the B311 north of Saalfelden in the hamlet of Pabing towards Bachwinkl and drive through the settlement area to the parking lot in the forest.
- Approach to the wall: From the parking lot, ascend along the red marked path to the Peter Wiechenthaler-Hütte. Continue on Route 428 to where a trail to the Wildental-Klettersteig forks to the left. Take this trail to the start off point.
- Starting elevation: 1,950 m
- Descent: Over the Südwand-Klettersteig or the red marked normal path "Alter Weg" (unpleasant craggy terrain and rubble) back to the ascent trail.